A Comparison Between the Giants: Instant Pot IP-DUO and The Instant Pot IP-Lux 60
The problem is that both of these pressure cookers from the same brand look almost the same and people are unable to figure out the difference between them. I, myself, have been confused for a long time and wasn’t able to find the right contrast between the two until now.
The price is the only noticeable difference between the two. But if we look closely, the Duo pressure cooker is 7 in 1 whereas the LUX is 6 in 1. This explains the fact that both of these fantastic pressure cookers have a lot of features making them different from each other.
The purpose of this article is to help you identify the differences between the two giants. I will also show you the unnoticeable discrepancies for better understanding. We need to put our money in the right place so knowing the differences will help in a lot in the purchase decision.
Significant Differences Between these Instant Pot Pressure Cookers
1. The keep warm function can be operated manually on the DUO to 99 hours and 50 minutes, but the LUX can do this for 10 hours only.
2. The LUX has just the high setting whereas the DUO has both high and low.
3. LUX will not make yogurt for you like the DUO.
4. The lid of the Duo opens in such a way preventing the condensation and food splatter to mess up your counter.
These are the main differences that will help you significantly in making a decision when buying these. There are smaller differences between the two as well that will make a significant impact on your purchase.
If you are on a budget and your wallet only allows you to buy something cheaper than the two models, you need to see that is the Instant pot even worth buying or not. The market is loaded with more inexpensive pressure cookers that also work well but lack in some qualities. Some of these pressure cookers are also found on the list of best pressure cookers, and if you are lucky, you will find something worth your money on sale too.
An in-depth review of the two Instant Pot Models
I have done a review on each of the following and also explained the features of the two models separately. This will help you decide which to buy and also let you know the differences that matter.
Instant Pot IP-DUO 60
DUO 60 is one of the most advanced electric pressure cookers ever made. The DUO 60 is a tremendous competitor for other brand models in the market. The features embedded in this model have made other brands worried. With all the features, an increased price does not hurt that much. You are getting the right thing for the right money indeed. The internet is filled with several reviews on this Instant Pot model, and all of them will boast its qualities and features with decidedly less negative thoughts about it. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of this great instant pot model.
• The price is not a serious issue with all these values adding features embedded in the DUO 60. These features imply set this model apart from the LUX 60.
• The safety cooking measures are present in this model whereas the LUX does not have any.
• This model is 7 in 1 which means that this pressure cooker has one more cooking option than the LUX.
• The user-friendly control panel ensures ease of use and convenience at the same time. The whole system is easy to control and operate without causing much confusion.
• This model has been rated the best pressure cooker of 2015.
• The slight increase in price may worry the consumers on a limited budget.
• Many consumers have viewed this as an expensive and high-end luxury kitchen appliance.
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker--Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer
- Large, easy to use control panel with 14 built-in Smart Programs, Dual pressure, Automatic keep-warm, and 3 temperatures for saute/browning and slow cook
- Delay cooking time up to 24-Hours; Manual setting up to 120 minutes of cook time
- UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms; Highly energy efficient and kitchen friendly
- Includes 3-ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot, stainless steel steam rack with handle, rice paddle, soup spoon, and measuring cup. Instructions, recipes, and cooking time tables in English, Spanish, Chinese and French
Instant Pot IP-LUX 60
The DUO 60 and the LUX 60 are two competitors under one brand. The LUX 60 has marginally fewer features than the DUO 60. But it can win the hearts of more customers due to its affordable price. The LUX 60 is 6 in 1 with one less cooking option than the DUO 60.
• This model is designed to target price-sensitive consumers. The LUX offers more at a feasible price. The price factor tends to overlook the surprising features of the DUO 60.
• Consumers with a limited budget can buy this model of the instant pot and have the advantage of bringing one of the best electric pressure cookers their kitchen.
• The Instant pot LUX 60 has all the features you need from a perfect electric pressure cooker.
• The extraordinary features of the DUO 60 are not found in this model.
• The old-fashioned design has an impact on the sales of this model.
• Lesser cooking options also make the consumers look for a better alternative or even go for the DUO 60.
Which Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is worth buying
This decision remains dependent on your budget, requirement, and needs. If you do not have any budget issues, then the Instant Pot IP-DUO 60 is the best option for you considering the other brand models as well.
Keeping in mind the pros mentioned above and cons, the DUO 60 is always better. But the Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 fulfills the requirement of an electric pressure cooker in an excellent way. So why spend more on this and get the perfect model at the best price.
Price sensitive customers should look forward to buying the LUX 60, and if there are no price issues, DUO 60 will be your perfect cooking partner.
- All new 2017 Instant Pot LUX 60 V3 is an upgraded version of the Instant Pot LUX60 model
- Large, easy to use control panel with the addition of Cake and Egg cooking programs
- Up to 240 minutes of pressure cooking time as opposed to 120 minutes.
- Ability to disable alarms and switch to silent operation.
- Capacity: 6L/6.33 Qt, Power rating: 1000W, Voltage: 110v/60Hz, Gross Weight: 14.57 pounds